Frantically clicking the Skip Button

 I think I won't be alone in saying that 2020 has been one crazy ride. 

In all the craziness of it, I lost the thing I have always took pride in, my cheat sheet on how to balance everything. 

The one thing I have over and over told most everyone is the key to my saneness in what I do for a living. I was that person who found the rhythm of life, able to sense a high tide around the corner, or the low tide waiting to hit me from the back. Life was under control, I knew what to do before things effected me mentally. I had my way of getting things back the way I like things to be, or feel. I know where things belonged, I knew the pattern of life, the pattern of people and the pattern of thoughts.

Writing all that down, I see that I have been way too over confident in trying to figure out the impossible, trying to figure out the way the world turns before it does.

And turns out I don't know shit.


At the beginning of 2020, after a late night meditation I "heard" or "felt" something said "you've been too comfortable". I didn't think much of it although it's rare for me to feel or hear anything while meditating. I was too busy to take a moment to think about what it meant, I went forward with my comfortable life.

It wasn't until the whole 2020 thing happened and I lost all sense of routine and comfort that I remembered the meditation session. I was comfortable sure, I was doing things that I'm good at, having a good time while doing it too. But isn't that life? Doing things you enjoy and making the most of it while you can?

I guess? I'm not so sure anymore. And that's fine, one thing 2020 has shown me is to never be so sure of anything. After all this time, I finally let myself feel not knowing what to do for whatever it is I was feeling. To just let myself feel it truly to the core. I have been too busy, and here comes a bit of self defense, I was never irritated with the ups and downs of life.

 I understand that life isn't just one smooth ride, I know life gets you dizzy and people can be draining. But I now know that I was too quick on trying to find what I can do to get the annoying feeling to disappear just because I have things to do and people to see. I forgot to let the uncomfortableness sink into me, forgot to see the way I react to it between my breathing, then in the quickness of it I forgot to ask myself what this uncomfortable feeling is trying to teach me.


So what have I learned through whatever happened since 2020? I for one have a lot of apologizing to do for myself. For spoiling myself with the quick and easy fix. 

Now I guess we're all in a position where we don't have a quick and easy way out. But we're not stuck here. I'm not stuck here. Our progress aren't delayed. It's a maintenance period, whether you sit yourself down and be patient while you upgrade your thinking or you frantically try clicking the "skip" button, it's all up to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Point-of-V(you)s

Hitam dan putih

Baby, it aint over till it's over